Sunday, July 11, 2021

handwriting on the walls


Last Sunday,
 July 4, 2021, 
we had our celebration at my new house that is being built.
I wanted the kids to write some Bible verses on the studs.
Verses that would be the foundation of my new life.
Here are some of them!

Lucy wrote the one above.
Of course, I teared up when I saw it.
She wrote it on my bedroom wall.
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes..."
Revelation 21:4
I'll always think of that verse and who wrote it and what a wonderful promise of our life to come.



Archie wrote the next verse on some studs in the great fellowship room.
I love these verses that they chose.
And they had them memorized and ready to go.
"...The Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world."
! John 4:14


Gus wrote this verse.
It is in the little alcove leading to my bedroom.
It is so good for me to remember.
"...let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger..."
"...The anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
James 1:19&20


I found David's offering tucked away in the guest bathroom.
"God is a rewarder of those who seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6


I wrote this one!
I had memorized it last year in Bible study.
I had no idea at that time that I would be building a new house this year.


I also found another one that Lucy had written, maybe in the garage.

These were all I found before we had to head for home.
Before we left we stood in the living room in a big circle and David prayed.
I will never forget that these verses are hidden in the walls of my house.
To God Be the Glory.












 

No comments: