Saturday, July 10, 2021

living with anxiety


Just when I think I've got this living alone thing under control,
some situations come along and remind me that I don't.
A tropical storm comes. 
The power goes off in the middle of the night.
The day after the storm I feel like I'm living in a foreign land.
The next day I have my monthly infusion and with it comes depression and pain and yes, fear. 
This morning on my way to my vehicle I almost step on a snake
who slithered away under the outside stairs.

I realize that Bubba is long gone and I live alone and I have two choices...

1. I can give in to the fear and hide myself away or,
2. I can have courage and saddle up anyway and live my life even though at times I'm afraid.

I'm gonna choose to saddle up even when my life is scary and hard.
I'm gonna live my life and enjoy it and be grateful and thankful.
I'm gonna pray harder than I've ever prayed that I will honor God with my life
by living it in spite of the fear because I know He is with me and will never forsake me.
And I will remember this quote and how much Bubba loved watching his John Wayne movies.
And I will try really hard not to be afraid.

🏇









 

No comments: