Friday, July 30, 2021

hey bubba


Hey Bubba, you've been gone from me for 17 months.
Somehow I've survived the long, lonely days and weeks and months without you.
I'm not the only one who misses you, you know.
Our grandchildren speak of you often with great memories to pull from.
You loved them so well.
You shared your wisdom with them.
You spoke of Jesus.
They often tell of conversations y'all had in the van on the way to breakfast and such.

Hey Bubba, these kids are doing great!
On the first night I was down in Florida,
Jake and Eli returned from a week at camp.
I was blessed to hear firsthand of all the fun and fellowship they enjoyed.
It took them days to wind down.
Then I began to see shreds of evidence that God has been working in their hearts.
That He was more to them than just a story they had heard.



Hey Bubba, every night that I was there, we watched an episode of The Chosen.
Jake and Eli were as excited as I've ever seen them.
They had all seen it before.
This was my first time all the way through.
You would love this series if you were still with us!
But oh, I forgot for a moment that you are with Jesus now.
Your faith has been turned to sight.
You have seen our Lord.
You know firsthand what we can only know by faith!

Hey Bubba,
this afternoon I get to be present when Lucy and Harry return from their camp.
I will be there at 5 when they get home.
I will get to see their smiling faces and hear their stories.
We will go eat Mexican and have a grand old time.

Hey Bubba, you would be so proud of our grandchildren.
Jesus is becoming real to them.
He is working in their hearts.
I know you will be glad to hear this because you prayed so hard for their souls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Chosen
"What was it like to encounter Jesus face to face?
How would He have made you feel, changed your way of thinking about God?
Would He have turned Your world upside down?
Journey to Galilee in the first century.
See the difference in the lives of those He called to follow Him and how they were forever transformed.
Experience the life and power of the perfect Son of God as never before through the eyes of ordinary people just like you."
(from the back cover of the book)

I highly recommend this show and the book.
I am reading it for the second time.

Hey Bubba,
I love you so much.
Always!
Cathy


 

No comments: