Sunday, February 13, 2022

basking in the glow


Yesterday was my birthday.
I turned 74.
Today I am basking in the glow of all of the love I received
and the joy and happiness I feel living in my new home.

It was a day of Facebook greetings, texts, phone calls, and a gift delivered to my front door.
Lucy brought me lunch promptly at noon
 and we visited together over our meal.
She had to hurry home to make my birthday dessert.
Cream Brule.
(I'm not sure that's spelled correctly)

For dinner, we were going to Bella's Italian Restaurant but they were still requiring masks,
so we took our group to Bow Ties for some barbeque.
It was delicious.


I didn't eat very much of this huge tray of food,
but I shared it with some hungry boys who happened to be sitting at our table.
I had a taste for a rib and some mashed sweet potatoes.
It was good!
I still can't taste hardly anything, but I remember how much I loved ribs.


This was real, made from scratch Cream Brule.
Lucy spent all afternoon making it for me.
It was heavenly!
She is a gourmet cook.
The boys wanted to get their hands on that torch.
Would have been a disaster!


I got one candle because there was no room for 74.

Yesterday was up there with one of the best birthdays ever!

💖









 

No comments: