Thursday, February 24, 2022

my neighborhood is growing


I live in a busy construction zone.
There are workers everywhere toiling away from early morning till it gets dark.
I don't mind at all.
It doesn't bother me a bit.
People are making money working their trade.
I remember how much fun we had watching my house being built.
Exciting things going on on Hope Lane!
The one above is the unit right next to mine. 
Looks like they'll be bricking soon.


The houses are all in various stages of being ready to move in.

I love living in this neighborhood.
It is quiet and I feel secure.
I'm still unpacking boxes and getting set up.

I'm thinking about some verses in Psalm 2 today as I watch the events going on in the world.

"Why are the nations in an uproar, 
And the people's devising a vain thing?
The kings of the earth take their stand,
and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against His Anointed."
"He who sits in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them."
Psalm 2: 1-2 & vs. 4

God is sovereign over all things.
He knows what He is doing.
Nothing takes Him by surprise.
He controls even the evil rulers of this world.
Wait and see what the Lord will do.




 

No comments: