Sunday, February 20, 2022

my little garden


I managed to keep Bubba's geraniums alive and flourishing on the porch at my apartment.
One day last week, using his two-wheel dolly,
I drug them to the backyard and put them in place on my patio.
February and these red beauties are growing strong.
The rest of my house is a disaster area,
but I managed to make beauty happen on the patio outside of the big slider.
This is so comforting to me.


Before I moved, 
I sent my very large farmhouse pine table with both leaves to have the top refinished.
Many years of eating and drinking,
  dyeing Easter eggs, 
 wrapping Christmas presents,
 and sprinkling glitter, 
had left it in serious need of a nice, new refresh.
It was delivered late Friday afternoon.
Mr. Ginn did an exceptional job.

We were supposed to have our first family meal all together in the new house last night,
but unfortunately, I was felled with a crazy sickness.
I couldn't stop sneezing and blowing my nose.
I had to call off the dinner and I didn't get to go to church this morning.
What a bummer.
I'm still sneezing and blowing my nose but I think I'm improving.
We'll try for next weekend if I live through this malady.


Erika set up this temporary seating area until the big table came in.
That is a folding card table that is very old.
Someone in Bubba's family won it at the fair many years ago.
I love this table and use it often.


I wanted to show a close-up of the top of the card table and how well preserved it is.
In the center 
is my beautiful pop-up daisy birthday card 
sent from my playhouse and lifelong friend, Lou.
We have known each other forever.
We are growing old together.

That's all I have for this blog.
Doing much of anything wears me out at this point in my illness.
I do a little unpacking and then I hit the chair for rest.
Sicknesses always seem to appear at the most inopportune times.
That's okay though!
I'm home and can set my house up slowly and methodically.
It's how I roll!







 

No comments: