Saturday, February 26, 2022

sparkling reflections


I am strongly considering this piece of art for my new home.
The moment I saw it, I knew I would want to look at it every single day.
So calm ~ so peaceful!
The beauty of God's creation caught on canvas with oils by the hands of a talented artist.
I'm thinking of putting it by the double windows over the farmhouse bench.


This work of art is by Laura Fontaine.
She lives in Charlestown, South Carolina.
I can just tell that she too imbibes the beauty of the low country.
She named this piece Sparkling Reflections.
I look at this scene in real-time every time I drive out of my neighborhood.

The first dinner at the new house is happening in just a few hours.
I am well and just far enough along with my unpacking to attempt a feed.
It will be simple.
Pizza and salad will be brought in.
Lucy is making a dessert.
I will get everything together to provide a place to eat and fellowship.

It is a gorgeous, spring-like day at the end of February.
This is when it is so amazing to live in Savannah.

I am thankful for so many things today.
Especially what I'm learning about the Holy Spirit in John's gospel.
God is faithful to teach His children if we seek to know him.
To have God's written word is such a miracle.
I just can't get over this precious gift.




 

No comments: