Sunday, June 19, 2022

father's day


This just blew me away!
I got up from my Sunday afternoon nap and came downstairs to edit vacation pictures.
I love to edit.
It's one of my favorite things to do.

Here we are walking down the jetty out into the ocean.
Narrow and treacherous it was.
We're all huddled together in a tight group.
One false step and it's down on the rocks forever.

Now...
Just look!!!
Down at the end of the path is Bubba, staring out into the sea.
We are all walking toward him,
drawn as to a mirage!
 He was wearing his green t-shirt and his sunglasses,
his beautiful white hair shining in the sunlight.
He went before us and had cleared a safe, secure path.
This took my breath away.

This is just what he would do.
This man was always looking out for his family.
That's why we miss him so desperately on this Father's Day and always.

ps...I don't believe in ghosts.
never have, never will.
Amanda remembers seeing THE MAN IN THE GREEN SHIRT for the record.
But for a moment or two, the image gave me pause.






 

No comments: