Friday, June 3, 2022

it was only a matter of time


A couple of days ago I said to myself,
"I have yet to see a lizard at my new house."
Then I thought to myself,
"Do not be hasty to think that you have been deemed "lizard free" for the rest of your life."
Sure enough, 
the day after I had that insightful conversation with myself,
I saw the first lizard at my new house.

I was having a conversation with Amanda.
I was walking around the house while talking.
I was looking out of the windows taking in the early morning beauty and,
there he was in all his lizard glory,
perched on the threshold of the slider to my patio...
the door I use to get to my backyard.

Ok!
A new era begins!
I cannot use that door anymore!
Lizard defense begins!
There is a lot involved in lizard defense.
How to proceed?
I'm mapping out my strategies now.
Where there is one lizard there are many more.
The fear is real.
The effect it has on my body is real.
I must fight to overcome!
🦎
 
And then, last evening, much to my chagrin,
this deer appeared in my backyard.
Walter was reading to me from one of the Clifford books when I first saw him.
By the time I ran to get my camera,
 the lone deer had made his way over to the hill in the vacant lot.
This sweet deer chomping away at the grass is my worst wildlife enemy.
They eat everything in sight.


I'm not scared of the deer.
They just bring out the anger in me.


.




 



No comments: