Wednesday, June 29, 2022

hey bubba ~


I have so much to say to you.
That's the hardest thing.

We talked constantly about everything.
You were my sounding board,
you listened,
you shared your wisdom with me.
I was better because I could talk to you.
I don't have that anymore.
Communication is the thing I miss the most.

I still wake up in the middle of the night and think you are there beside me.
How can that be after all this time?
I'm confused for a moment and then I remember.
You are gone.
We never even got to say goodbye.

I bought a grill yesterday.
I haven't had one since I left the home we shared.
I don't have to buy propane tanks anymore.
I needed a natural gas model.
You would love that.
It's being delivered and installed today at 4:30...
Just in time for a 4th of July Bar B Que.

I've been really busy,
keeping our grandkids,
traveling,
working in VBS,
decorating my new home.
In spite of all I do, I feel lonely a lot.
Late evenings are the worst times for missing you.

I am grateful for my life.
It is very good,
It is full,
but I wish I had you here to share it with me.
Our family misses you too.
We talk about you so much and remember.
Memories are very special to me and I'm grateful I have them.

You know so much more than I do now.
You have been with Jesus for two years and four months.
I can't even imagine!
We'll talk about Him when I see you again.
You can tell me what you've been learning and what you've been doing.
I love you forever.
Cathy
💕



 

No comments: