Monday, June 6, 2022

keeping kids


David and Erika are off for a few days celebrating their 20th wedding Anniversary.
(How can that be?)
I'm keeping Lucy and Walt here at my new house.
Lucy is working at Chick Fil A.
Her first real job.
She is gone a lot.
But Walter...
he is my shadow.
He likes to work, which is good for me.
I have kept him busy.
In the picture above he is cleaning the threshold to my garage.
He is good at what he does.
I cannot keep him busy enough.


Here he is watching the blueberry muffins we made Saturday morning cook in the oven.
He put the ingredient together and stirred them until all the lumps were out.
I have taught him all about my stove.
He loves to set the oven temperature and watch it count up.
He also keeps track of the cooking time.
He sets and cleans off the table,
empties the trash,
 and compliments everything I fix for him.
He has been raised to be a gentleman.

I am so blessed to have the strength and energy to enjoy these kids in my home.
The hardest is planning 3 meals a day,
The most fun is playing non-stop games of UNO with a 7-year-old who really challenges me.
The reality is that by 8 PM I am exhausted and ready for bed.

That's me for now!
Still grandmothering at 74.
Thank you, Lord.






 

No comments: