Friday, July 29, 2022

hey bubba


There is no way you would believe the country I live in now.
The scariest thing is how fast it happened.
You went to heaven about a week before Covid hit.
You escaped all of this, and I'm happy you don't have to experience,
fret, and worry,
to watch our country be destroyed day by day.

My hope is in Jesus, nothing else.
He takes such good care of me in spite of this evil world that I have to endure.
I am staying in His Word,
depending on the promises He has made to me,
sticking with other believers,
being encouraged by them.

I know the source of all of this evil.
I know, ultimately, it will end.
God is sovereign.
All of this is part of His plan.
He is accomplishing His will.
We are safe in Jesus.
The end is victory bought with His blood at the cross for all that put their faith in Him.

Two years and 5 months you've been gone.
Missing you continues.
I loved our life together and the security I felt when you were by my side.
Widowhood of life is a very hard and lonely time.
I haven't been the same since you left.

I'm learning so much,
Experiencing the tender mercies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
Waiting till I see you again,
Looking forward to that day.

If anyone asks how I hold life together now that you're gone, I always say,
"It's Jesus."



 

No comments: