Saturday, July 9, 2022

root causes


I had a root canal on Thursday morning last,
It didn't go well.
I am fine and mostly alright,
but the experience was a comedy of errors from start to finish.

I just got finished writing the whole thing out for this blog but,
 I got muddled down because there was so much to tell.
Feeling frustrated,
 I walked away and decided to try again...
a much-shortened version

At the end of the three-hour ordeal, I had a full-blown panic attack.
I don't know if I had an allergic reaction to the pain shots
or if it was caused by fear.
More than likely it was a combination of both.
There was a lot to be afraid of that's for sure.
 I couldn't stop shaking,
 my teeth were chattering, 
and I couldn't stand up.
My family came to the office to rescue me and got me home.
I'm so thankful for them.

While I was lying there in the dental chair,
I thought of these weeds that I pull up out of the ground in my backyard.
I'm intrigued with the ones that have round roots.
I decided to photograph them for this post in honor of my very scary root canal experience.


Sometimes life is just really hard.
Jesus said to His followers "Peace be unto you."
I'm praying that the Peace that comes from Jesus would be in me tonight.
I pray that for a friend of mine who is suffering right now as well.
"Even so, Lord Jesus, come!"







 

No comments: