Tuesday, July 5, 2022

there's a sweet memory tucked into this post



This is the only picture I took at our July 4th festivities yesterday evening.
I am realizing that I can't put on a big spread and manage it and take pictures.
Actually, looking back, Amanda took most of our family vacation photos.
Also, our teenagers have become resistant to any snapped likenesses of themselves.
So,
I give you a still shot of how festive our table setting was.
The new grill worked perfectly.
You can see it out of the window.
The hamburgers and hotdogs cooked perfectly.
I kept it simple.
Outside time was short because of the humidity and the bugs.
It really felt like a sauna out there.
I served brownies with ice cream and a cherry on top for dessert.
All in all, it was a very special day.

Bedtime was rocking!
I tried to sleep with the fireworks exploding all around,
drifted in and out,
felt like I was in a war zone!
I guess it finally ended after midnight.
 I was able to drift off and all was quiet when I woke up this morning.
Hooray for the USA!


Here's a sweet memory that popped up on Facebook today.
Wish granddaddy could have shared this love with me.

💙💗💙💗💙💗💙💗


I will end with this picture of my July 4th outfit.
New red shoes.
They are beach shoes but I wore them to church.








 

No comments: