Tuesday, November 15, 2022

done!


A few weeks ago I posted a picture of these bookcases.
They were empty.
Dan the handyman had created nine holes in the back of each shelf.


This piece of furniture is my pride and joy.
Bubba bought it for me when we bought our house on Pinebrook.
My intent from the beginning was to display my lighted houses.
The houses were displayed,
 but not lighted because I couldn't bear to put holes in the wood for the cords.
This year, I bit the bullet and allowed the holes to be cut.

Today I finished making the scenes and when I turned on the lights I gasped.
How beautiful is that!
My dream for this project came true.
And I accomplished it all by myself.
The hardest part was the electrical placement.
I studied and measured and duct taped and plugged.
It was so worth all of my time and effort.
Making these scenes is an outlet for my creative juices to flow.
Doing this makes me happy.

I don't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving,
but I get this done early because it takes such a long time to get it just right.


Church School Scene.


Wedding Shop and Wedding Chapel.


Christmas Eve.
Snoopy Manger Scene.









 

No comments: