Monday, November 7, 2022

pine straw fairy


The pine straw fairy came last week.
What a difference it makes.
A huge truck fully loaded arrived in my neighborhood
spreading good cheer all around.
Later the workers appeared and spread the straw all around my bushes and trees.
I didn't have to do a thing.
Maintenance-free yard care is the best!
For this blessing, I am extra thankful.


I have been so looking forward to having Thanksgiving at my new home.
Everything is decorated and I'm thinking about the menu...
all of the tastes we look forward to at this season of the year.
I love to cook with Amanda.
Last year all of my fall decorations were packed away in the storage house.
It has been such a pleasure this year to unpack and place them all around my house.
Quite different from Thanksgiving in my small apartment!


Giving thanks is not a once-a-year thing.
Giving thanks should be a daily occurrence for all of the ways God blesses us every day.
But having an actual day to join with family and be thankful together...
that is a real cause for celebration.
🦃






 

No comments: