Sunday, May 28, 2023

flying home


My flight home from West Palm Beach Airport was at 8:00 am last Monday.
Amanda got me to the airport with plenty of time to spare.
I bought a bottle of water and a Nature Valley oat and honey bar in the gift shop
and settled in with my book to wait for boarding.

Singer Island is our "go-to" place when we visit with the Hollingsworth family.
I mentioned it in my last post. 

As we taxied down the runway  and turned out toward the ocean,
I had a thought...
"I wonder if I can spot Singer Island?"
I got my camera ready and was glued to the little window by my seat.
I took about 20 shots.
By this time I knew we were passing right over the Island.
The above picture was the last shot I took.
It couldn't have been more perfect.

Singer Island itself is on the left side of the picture.
You can see the high-rise condos right along the white sand beach.
Notice the darker waters of the inlet at the top of Singer Island.
We drive along in front of the condos all the way to the end of the island, middle left,
looking at all of the sights.
I love the vintage motels and the old beach cottages the best.
Then we take a right turn and circle around until we get to the bridge that takes us home.
We call it "doing the loop."
All snorkeling is done under that bridge.
The little Island in the middle is called Peanut Island.
Amanda and Erika kayaked over there last summer.

All that to say.
Wow!
How in the world did I get that perfect picture of our favorite place from high up in the sky?
Thank You, Lord!
It was You!



 

No comments: