Saturday, May 27, 2023

happy birthday jake #18


Another reason I was compelled to fly to South Florida last weekend...
It was Jake's 18th birthday.
How could I not be there for that?
We went to Long Horn for an early dinner then back to the house to open presents.


Most everything in the wrapped packages contains something pertaining to running.
Jake did cross country and track this last school year.
It has become his passion.
He got two pairs of running shoes.
One pair from me and the other pair from his parents.
He will be training all summer.

After present opening we went to Dairy Queen and took the loop through
Singer Island.
(more about Singer Island in another post)

We also found out while I was there that he got a job at Chick Fil A.
First job!


Also during the month of May, he finally got his driver's license.
He drove himself and Eli to a graduation party at the beach.
It was his first time driving without a parent in the car.
Mark, Amanda, and I were all nervous wrecks.
Couldn't go to sleep until we knew they were home safely.

This boy will be a senior in high school next year.
I am so proud of the young man he has become.
I 💙 Jake!










 

No comments: