Tuesday, May 23, 2023

i'm home


John Wayne famously said,
"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

In the past few years after Bubba left me,
I have struggled with anxiety.
Among other things,
I decided that I would never fly on an airplane again.
Just could not see boarding a metal tube and leaving solid ground.
I don't understand how that thing stays in the air.
It doesn't make any sense to me.
Also, I heard stories of brawls on planes caused by angry people.
Horrifying!
Definitely not for me.

Then, I found out that my grandsons,
Jake and Eli, were to be baptized on Sunday, May 21st.
The date was chosen because it was their Granddaddy's birthday.
Time was short to decide, but I knew that I had to be there.
The only way was to fly.
I was compelled to be at that momentous occasion.

David came over on Monday afternoon and we looked at flights.
My one request was that it be a direct flight.
There wasn't one.
My only choice was to fly to Atlanta, change planes, and fly to West Palm Beach.
I had to make up my mind in a hurry.
There was no way out.
I would fly.

David booked me for Thursday and it was done.

I will write more about the flights at a later time.
It wasn't easy.
But God gave me peace and rest.

"Be anxious for nothing" is a command, not a suggestion.
To believe this and be afraid means that I wasn't trusting in my God.
🛬



I was scared 😟 but I "saddled up anyway."
Glad I did!







 

No comments: