Saturday, July 29, 2023

3 ~ 5 ~ 2/29


I went to Dicks Sporting Goods a couple of days ago.
I was looking for a new bathing suit and a floating chair.
It was pouring down rain and I got soaked.

Bubba used to take the boys there because it is filled to the brim with things men love.
Sometimes I went with him.
I hadn't been back since Bubba went to be with Jesus.
When I walked into the store,
Out of the blue,
 I was overwhelmed with grief.

Grief never completely leaves a heart that has loved deeply.
It subsides.
It surprises you,
unexpectedly.
You think you've gotten to the other side...
but bam...
It comes on swiftly and it takes you down hard.

I took my wet hair and my drenched clothes back outside,
(it was still raining)
I turned on the heat,
(it was 90 degrees outside)
got into the tank,
went to Chick Fil A,
and got a peach milkshake.
(comfort food)

You gotta keep living,
You gotta keep moving,
You gotta keep rejoicing always.
You dry yourself off and you get back on track and you smile.
All praise goes to God that His Spirit guides me to believe the promises.
It's what enables me to keep going.

So grateful for the life we made and the time we had together!
💙💗
Picture...Bubba and our first grandson Jake at our beach condo.





 

No comments: