Saturday, July 22, 2023

lucy's flower gift to her Gram


Another beautiful gift from my Lu.
This one I will plant outside.

All of the shells were found by me except the conch.
That was a check-in gift when Bubba and I stayed at Ponte Vedre Inn down south of Jacksonville.
We did a lot of those short getaways to paradise back then.

I have come to the book of Romans in my quest to read through the Bible this year.
I have done this many times before.
Each time I read it straight through it makes more and more sense to me.
I guess you would call that progressive revelation.

That we have God's Word in written form is a miracle.
That it has survived all of these years intact and unchanged is also a miracle.
That the Holy Spirit teaches me and admonishes me is another miracle.
That I can understand His teaching is definitely a miracle.

I have to share this gospel message today.
May someone read this and believe.
May someone's heart be changed.
May someone be encouraged.

"Therefore having been justified by faith,
We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 
Through whom also we have attained our introduction by faith 
Into this grace with which we stand; 
And we exult in hope of the glory of God.

A good definition of exult...
Feel or show triumphant elation or jubilation

And not only this, 
But we also exult in our tribulations,
 Knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance,
 And perseverance proven character,  
And proven character hope; 
And hope does not disappoint 
Because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts 
Through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

For while we were still helpless, 
At the right time, Christ died for the ungodly.
For one would hardly die for a righteous man;
Though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us;
In that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood,
We shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him."

Romans 5: 1-9

Wow just Wow!
Let's meditate on that truth for a while.



 

No comments: