Monday, August 28, 2023

cathy and the lost diamond


There was no reason whatsoever to think that I had lost one of my diamond earrings.
Bubba gave them to me many years ago and I've worn them ever since.
I wore them to church yesterday.
I took them off last night and placed them in my safe place.

This morning I was cleaning my bedroom, bath, and closet area.
I was almost done and it was time to vacuum.
My closet is carpeted and I started in there.
Quick job!

When I heard the machine suck up something hard I turned it off.
I've dropped my earring on that carpet before.
It's hard to find.
Had I unknowingly dropped it?

I turned off the vacuum and
went to make sure my diamond was where I put it last night.
It wasn't.

I immediately took the vacuum to the garage.
Assuming the hard thing sucked up was my diamond earring,
 I grabbed some plastic gloves,
took the vacuum bag out,
cut it open,
and started going through every inch of that disgusting mess.

Even though the mess was filled with sparkling glitter,
my earring was not there.
I stopped for lunch and went back to my sifting.
It still was not there.

Okay, I will get Archie over here when he gets home from school.
He'll find it for me.
He can fix anything.

Then I prayed.
"God that diamond is my treasure,
but it is an earthly treasure.
Jesus is my real treasure.
Help me keep a heavenly perspective.
I know You know where it is.
You can see it right now.
Would You take me to it?"

Then I walked to my safe place.
I decided to search one more time.
This place is filled with my jewelry.
There it was!
It was completely in a strange place,
nestled up against the side of a black velvet box.
I had looked in there three times during my search and didn't see it.

When I prayed God took me right to it.
I couldn't stop thanking Him.
Not only did He show me where my treasure was, 
but He assured me that He hears and answers my prayers.

So much praise and worship is due to our God.
He is everything and all we need.


I have no idea how the earring got out of my safe place and into the place velvet box.
But it did.






 

No comments: