Saturday, August 19, 2023

rainy saturday, walter, and ten for lasagna


Walter is a quick learner
We are focusing on two key verses from the Bible.
He is a good memorizer.
We are working on the "obeying" part.
The "doing what God says" and not just "hearing it.'
I think this lesson is for all of us.
As always,
the teacher learns more than the student.
It is so good to be still learning at age 75 and a few months.


I spent a good part of yesterday making homemade lasagna.
This is a huge task and it takes me forever,
but it is so worth it.
It smells so good while it is cooking and it is delicious.
I serve it with an Italian salad and breadsticks.
The small casserole is a gluten-free version I made for Lu.
Yummy!

Cooking a meal is such a good way to express your love for others.


This morning I made my Atlantic Beach Pie.
Always freshly squeezed limes and my fluffy, homemade whipped cream.
I'm serving ten this evening.
Can't wait to get it in the oven.

We've had so much rain this summer.
I love every drop.
My grass is green and lush.
So thankful that God rules over the climate.
He sends the wind and the rain in His time and for His purpose.












 

No comments: