Tuesday, August 29, 2023

things i bought for the hurricane


A new tire.

I had to drive down to this beach this morning.
On the way, I stopped to get gas.
You know, when a hurricane is coming you have to have a full tank in case you have to evacuate.

While there a sweet old man came over and asked me if I knew I had a flat tire.
Of course, I didn't know.
Bubba always dealt with that sort of thing and,
I never pay any attention to the warning things on the dashboard.
He said if I would pull over to the air dispenser he would fill the tire up for me.
I took him up on that because, of course, I don't have a clue.

He warned me to go immediately to have it fixed.
I decided to not heed his warning.
I made it to the beach and back home because he had filled it up with air.
I was very thankful it didn't go flat on the Tybee road.

After lunch, I ended up at Sam's.
David suggested that they do a good job and get it done quickly which they did.
I got a new tire because a nail had rendered the old one useless.
Now I will be able to evacuate if I need to.

While waiting for the tire to be fixed I chose these things for myself...


A really large rotisserie chicken.
I'll need lots of protein to withstand the storm.

My Broccoli ~ Cheddar soup which I still eat almost every day for lunch.

Two really long French baguettes.

And a huge bag of Skinny Pop Popcorn that I busted right into.

3 ~ 6 ~ 2 ~ 29 ~2020
Bubba, It's been three and a half years,
 I miss you every day,
But when I have to do things you used to do ~ 
The man things ~ 
It makes me miss you even more.
💗




 

No comments: