Tuesday, August 6, 2024

eye of the storm


The beautiful city of Savannah woke up this morning in the blissful calm of
the eye of the storm.
I don't recall ever being in the eye.
After a night of rain and wind, 
It was like the storm had disappeared.
Actually, it was surrounding us.

It's still calm, but I'm getting alerts on my phone that say,
"Showers and breezy conditions will continue through the afternoon."
I know nothing after that.
Looks like South Carolina is getting hit pretty hard.
Hilton Head is taking a pounding.

Today is Erika's birthday. 
I'm busy making my Atlantic Beach pie.
We'll always remember this one.


My pie kinda matches the hurricane graphic above.

God spared Savannah.
Yes, we had lots of rain and tornado warnings,
but as far as I know, we escaped the "Catastrophic amounts of rain"
 that were forecast for days before  Debby got here.

*Just got another alert,
"Flash flood warning for your location."
Now that's scary!



 

No comments: