Saturday, June 27, 2009

can anyone find .........

a good watermelon anymore? They cost enough......they should be good, but they are almost tasteless.

I remember as a child eating some of the most delicious chunks of this most ripe and delicious treat. What a delight on a hot summer afternoon.

Doug and Diane along with David and Erika and the kids are coming soon to enjoy the beach and dine and fellowship with us this afternoon. Bubba went to the store earlier to choose a melon and came home with a cantaloupe size one that is almost completely white inside. I feel bad even serving it.....but I will.

Everyone is going to the shore except me because the medicine I am taking for my stomach says to avoid direct exposure to the sun at all costs. Wonder what would happen if I ventured down there? I envision a rapid heating up with skin turning red and mottled. Choosing the wise course, I will stay and prepare the meal and do what my doctor says.

I wonder what time the thunderstorm will come this evening? It is always a highlight to have the sky darken, the lightening flash, and the thunder roll. Everyone scurries up from the beach to wait out the storm and then, after it has put on its display, everyone hurries back down to enjoy the cool, freshened air.

Anyway.....back to my question about watermelons. If you know where to find a good one will you let me know??

happy summer afternoon

ps David is done with the ordination counsel which lasted all morning and into the early afternoon. We are looking forward to hearing firsthand how it went.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They had the Watermelon Festival
over in Hampton S.C. this morning,
I remember as a child eating some of the best over there.
We should have went over and purchased some.
ECD