Monday, June 29, 2009

did you know....

that Tybee Island was voted the healthiest beach in America by Health Magazine. I am very impressed that our little corner of the world holds such a distinction. It also makes me much happier to loll around in the sand and swim in the ocean.

I just got back from a bike ride.....my first in a while. Tybee is an amazing place to bike.....so much quaintness to see. I had noticed that the wind was picking up when I left the condo. By the time I got the bike down the elevator, a storm was brewing. I went on my way and was quickly blinded by a gust of sand in my face. I can still feel the grit grinding between my teeth. Oh well, such is the cost of good exercise.

After a week of sickness and a busy weekend, it was good to stay home today. I love to linger long over scripture and prayer after a time of drought.

"If Your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction." Psalm119:92

Look at that verse......what profound truth it contains for our lives!!
This promise is for believers. God's law is His word. Without His word we (who love it and believe it) would perish in the trials and hardships of our lives. We would sink down into the pit of despair.

It is such a DELIGHT to come every morning and sit down with the Word of God to study it and meditate on it and pray it through. Today I got to go back after lunch for more. It sustains me...it is keeping my head from going under from sorrow.

I think I'll go walk along the healthiest beach in America.........
will you join me?

Thanks for your love and understanding Estelle, and thanks again for lunch yesterday!!

cathy

No comments: