Monday, June 8, 2009

losing sight

I have always thought that losing one's eyesight would be the most tragic of losses apart from the losing of one's mind.

For me to write and read bring some of the brightest moments of my life.

Loss of vision in my left eye took me to the eye doctor who gave me the diagnosis......I have an optical vein occlusion. Put in terms easier to understand, there is a blood clot behind my retina which is obstructing some of my vision.

Probable cause.....all of the stress of the last four + years and then some. I knew it was bound to catch up with me physically sooner or later. The laser is a possible solution, but not just now........we will watch and wait and see what happens.

Jake is here with us....he sleeps in the next room. When he wakes up we will go meet Lucy for the start of two weeks of swimming lessons. I just folded a whole load of little clothes and his granddaddy is making his favorite......spaghetti.

It is good to travel, it is good to be home and to thank God for watching over us the whole while.

with love, cathy

No comments: