Friday, June 26, 2009

"the cat scan" again

Can you believe it??? That nurse made me drink that vat full of liquid down to the bottom.
How rude! Couldn't she see I was trying to catch a good nap?

With that and the bag of fluid attached to my arm which entered my body at the speed of sound, I felt like I was a whale floating on the top of the ocean. This feeling was enhanced by the morphine I am sure.

Soon, a very nice young man came to take me to the cat scan room. "Better not roll me far from that bathroom," I told him in my groggy state. He just smiled.

Now I've never had a cat scan before and I was expecting to be put into a tube that covers your whole body. All I could think of was that they were making a huge mistake inserting me into something like that with all of the fluid in my body.

Happily, the scan looked more like a doughnut and I didn't have to fear that my claustrophobia would kick in and somehow trigger an urgent need to disentangle myself immediately from said machine.

Once on the table and snuggled into the machine, I began to relax. "Maybe I can catch my nap here," I thought. Just as my eyes were closing the machine shouted at me in a loud twang....

"TAKE IN A DEEP BREATH NOW AND DO NOT BREATHE AGAIN UNTIL I TELL YOU."

"Who do you think you are talking to Me like that?"

Finally the machine said, "YOU CAN BREATHE NOW."

"Oh thank you for your kindness," I replied.

I guess they found what they were looking for. I was taken back to my room and unhooked from the IV. The doctor appeared and gave his take on it all.

"You can go home, " he said.

I finally got to go to sleep in my own warm cozy bed.

At least I now know what a CAT SCAN is.

Hope you enjoyed this farce....

cathy

No comments: