Thursday, June 25, 2009

warning: water may cover the road

The tides are springing, yes they are.
Super high tides for the last couple of days have caused the roads to the islands to be covered with water.

When this happens Tybee becomes isolated from civilization for a few hours.....I like that.....I like that alot!

This morning at 3:45 am I was wide awake. That happens so infrequently that I rather enjoy it. I heard rain on the tin roof, so I went and sat on the deck for a while. It was so dark that I couldn't see the ocean, but I could hear the roll of the waves and the gentle rain that had come unexpectantly in the night.

I felt that I had come upon a sudden wonder....a glimpse of things so beautiful that if I had been asleep at that time I would have been deprived. God's blessings come in so many different ways and I am thankful that He has allowed me to know Him.

To say that my heart is grieved about my father (earthly) would not adequately describe the pain that I live with every day. His is a situation that I personally and on a human level can do absolutely nothing about.

The miracle of my life is the place that God has brought me to spiritually through these last almost two years since my mom died. The power of Satan to decieve and destroy is very great, but the power of God is greater still and I have to wait for Him in all things.

My God and My Father hears my prayers....He knows my despair.....He knows my father....He knows what he needs. I pray that God will have mercy and open his heart to the truth.

These verses sustain me today: (all from Psalms 34)

"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them."

"I sought the Lord and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears."

"I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth."

The sustaining power of the Lord is amazing.
I am thankful to have been brought to the place where I can experience this depth of His love.
Please pray with me the line that I highlighted above.....just that one line is all I ask.

I am getting stronger from my illness and I will complete my cat scan experience.

The peace of God that surpasses all understanding reigns in my heart through Jesus Christ my Lord.

Thank you so much for loving me and sustaining me through these difficult times. Yes, God uses people like you to sustain people like me who are suffering greatly.

cathy

No comments: