Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas 1970

This was our very first
married Christmas
together.

A couple of things.....
I used tinsel on my tree.
Wouldn't think of doing that now.

I never remember Bubba having that dark hair.
I like his white fluffy hair much better.

The sideburns....
nothing more needs to be said about those!

I had the "perfect flip" going on with my hair.

We are in our first house.
It was very sparsely furnished.
Love the hardwood floors.

Christmas decorations were sparse too.
Now we have so much it
overwhelms me.

Look at the present in the open box.
It is the famous
nutcracker....
a gift from my aunt and uncle.

Anyway, Christmas
is here again. 
It gets here faster every year.

I have this one more thing to say tonight...

Jesus is not just the reason for the season....
He is the reason for everything.
Seek Him.
He is God.
Without Him we would not exist.

"......yet for us there is only one God,
the Father,
of whom are all things,
and we for Him;
and one Lord Jesus Christ,
through whom are all things,
and through whom we live." 
I Corinthians 8:6
 

No comments: