Monday, December 5, 2011

to lucy from grammy

This day, dear one,
we celebrate your life...
the six wonderful years that you have been with us. 
 I have no greater joy
than having you for my one and only
grand daughter. 

Some milestones...

You have lost your first two baby teeth.
Thankfully,
the tooth fairy found you at Hilton Head.

I still read to you, but now you read to me.
I love to hear you read
and watch your face as you
devour your books.

You learned to ride your bike without training wheels,
now we can 
"fly like the wind"
up and down the street.

You have become quite the ballerina.
Always dance, sweet Lucy....
dance through life in your ballet slippers with your tutu on
and that great big wide open smile.

You help others,
you care,
and have compassion.

I like your style and your flair and your love of life.
 I can't wait to play Uno with you again.

You are the best!
I love you...
grammy


No comments: