Sunday, December 11, 2011

this is dedicated to all the men...

who willingly
and with a kind heart
endure the hardship of.....
putting the lights on the
Christmas tree.

Bubba,
after dispatching me to check the strands for burned out bulbs,
began without complaint
to do the task that was set before him.  

Earlier,
when I mentioned that this needed to be done,
he scoffed and dismissed me
as if I had asked him to go out
and remove all of the water from the ocean.

Remarkably,
when I woke up from my
Sunday afternoon nap,
he was trudging up the stairs with the tree,
leaving a path of pine needles
and grunting.
  I am sure this grunting was from the strain of carrying the tree
and not from dreading what he had to do.

The job went relativly fast.
He was able to watch the Falcons win, and after that,
we discussed
David's sermon from this morning.
He was in an amazingly good mood
 and I knew it was a success when he pronounced....

"That is the best star placement we have ever had."

                                                 Lovely lunch with friends from Atlanta
who stopped by to worship with us this morning!
What an unexpected delight.
When I prayed this week for five new people to come to our church,
I never expected to see you two. 

And by the way. 
God answered that prayer. 
Exactly five new faces showed up today. 
 Praise be to God
for answered prayer!

No comments: