Thursday, December 8, 2011

precious memories

Today is my niece Lindsey's birthday.
I won't tell you which one...
but in my way of looking at it,
she is still very young.
Happy Birthday sweet girl.
I love you.

Christmas is always very sentimental for me.
It is the time
when I miss my mom the most.
So many of my decorations originated in some way with her.
Toward the end of her life
I always decorated her house
and we enjoyed these things and times together
as only a mother and daughter can.

Being 
"a little sad" 
always leads me to look at pictures
of past holidays.
Which brings me to the picture above.

We always reenact the
Christmas story
from Luke 2 in the Bible.

That's David reading the Word of God....
He was probably Joseph,
and Robbie, my nephew,
was obviously a Wise Man,
 but it is Lindsey who intrigues me. 
 Just look at her...
the perfect angel.

She dominates the picture with her outstretched arms.
Her angel outfit is slightly askew,
but it is the look on her face that fascinates.
A slight smirk masking a smile,
clear, shining eyes....
utter confidence in her role.
Her halo my be a bit fallen, but she gives it her all.

What a precious memory this is!

(no one knows why Bubba is sitting back there looking dazed....
we can only guess.)


No comments: