Thursday, December 22, 2011

christmas shopping......

is finally done.
Gifts are wrapped, but without bows.
Maybe
I'll do that tonight or
Maybe I will just relax and read
and give the gifts without bows.
If you know me well
you know
"I would never give a gift without a bow!"

Pictured above is
"The French Market"
my most favorite store in Savannah.
What really intrigues me
about this store is the
architecture,
both inside and out.
I could stay all day
and just look
at all of the wonderful things
they have on display.

The birth of Jesus

"Now is come the time when
God's kindness and good will towards guilty man
is to fully be made known. 
His power was seen in creation,
His justice was seen in the flood. 
But His mercy
remained to be fully revealed by the appearing and atonement of Jesus."
JC Ryle
Expository Thoughts

Oh the depths of the mercy of our God
that He would look upon us,
vile sinners that we are,
and shower us with mercy and forgiveness
by sending
His Son Jesus Christ into this world. 
 A love like this I cannot comprehend. 
I can only by faith accept it
and be humbled before the God who made and sustains me. 
I praise His holy name tonight.
cathy


No comments: