Friday, February 17, 2012

how old are you?

Yesterday
my dad
bought eight racks of delicious ribs
and a beautiful cake
and we had another celebration. 
I tell you my birthday just goes on and on.

Anyway....
I have these wooden numbers
and I always display the age of the person I'm throwing a party for. 
 I decided if I do it for others,
I should at least be honest
and put my own number out there.

My brother Frankie
saw my extremely high number last night and was stunned. 
 He had no idea I was "that old."
Sometimes during the dinner I looked
and my numbers had been
changed.

Bless his heart,
he couldn't stand the fact that I was 64,
so he changed my number to 46.

The party was great!
I think my birthday is over now, sadly.
I thank everyone of you who indulge my love of birthdays!
cathy

2 comments:

Estelle said...

I think you should continute to celebrate at least the rest of this month, Ha! Hope that Frankie
doesn't see my numbers, he would be shocked, ha!
ECD

Cathy Cleland said...

You know, going to Disney is part of my birthday celebration....so it will continue to the end of February and beyond. I think I head from everybody who loves me!!!
That's why I love my birthday so much!