Tuesday, February 21, 2012

they're back

Today was one of those days!
No rhyme or reason...
it just got off to a bad start and kept getting worse.
From lost keys this morning 
to sitting endlessly this afternoon 
with my Dad at the
doctor's office...
it just never got better.

Trudging through Wal-Mart
for the second time
 to pick up his perscriptions,
I spotted them.
They were sitting on a shelf in all of their glory.
The first Peeps of the season.
I stopped,
 reached for,
 bought,
and in the course of about four hours have eaten six of them.
I don't regret a one.
They provided just the kind of comfort that was needed.

My only hesitation was.
"What color should I buy?"
Why that's easy..
yellow of course!
Peeps are always yellow,
not pink or blue.

I tell you the truth...
those peeps mellowed me out as nothing else could.
I shall go to bed in just a few
happy and content and very thankful.
cathyc

No comments: