Wednesday, February 1, 2012

winter....what winter?

As of today,
February 1, 2012,
we haven't had any winter,
and from the looks of the forecast,
there is none in sight.
The pictures show Lu and I
flying the kite on the beach last week.

I wish I had "smellavision."
Do you Savannah natives remember Burl Womack
describing his morning coffee?
I just made some pumpkin~pecan bread
and it has filled the house with a most wonderful aroma.
That is pea~can to us real southerners
down here in the deep south.

Took down the rest of my winter lights today.
The days are getting longer and
I figure it's time.
Spring is coming...I can feel it in the air.
Looking for the first daffodils
that bloom around the time of my birthday.

Bubba is slowly getting stronger and sleeping less,
although he still has his hard days.
I am so thankful that he is on this side of the radiation treatments.
Thank everyone
who has kept in touch,
 asked about,
prayed for,
and just generally been there for him during this long ordeal.

I found this verse in my morning time.

"The works of the Lord are great,
studied by all who have pleasure in them."
Psalm 111:2

I love to study His great works......
the heavens,
the things that He made,
His beautiful Word to all of us.
The things in the sea and the sky.
So much to study.....so much to take pleasure in!
It's not even possible to be bored.
What an amazing God we serve!

No comments: