Saturday, February 11, 2012

i love her.....

......my daughter Amanda.
She lives far away
so I cherish so much our phone conversations.
Just now she came right out and said,
"Mom, why haven't you blogged? 
We have had to stare at those roses for three days."
She is blunt and to the point!

To tell the absolute truth,
life has been a little difficult lately.
Pain
has come back with a flourish,
(a flair of an ongoing chronic condition)
which makes writing my blog a challenge.
And,
a potentially disastrous financial situation
ended last night
after months of trusting and prayer
with an amazingly happy ending
all attributed to the
 grace and mercy and lovingkindness
of our
all- knowing,
all-powerful God.

So,
this morning,
the physical pain remains,
(pain keeps me dependent on Him and I am thankful for it) 
but the
crushing weight of impending disaster is over.

This morning we are
humbled before our God in thanksgiving.
We
(Bubba and I)
stand amazed in His presence.

God saw
a little tiny grain of faith
in our prayers 
and He blessed with a mighty
outpouring of grace.

I will daily pour out praise to Him
who cares about
His chosen ones
down to the tiny little details of our lives.

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
and He inclined to me,
and heard my cry. 
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
out of the miry clay,
and set my feet upon a rock,
and established my steps."
Psalm 40: 1~3

4 comments:

Estelle said...

Yea!!Glad for the good news. and hope the pain will soon subside

Love you, Estelle

Estelle said...

So glad that you keep up the blog, glad for Amanda's prompting, Ha!!

Cathy Cleland said...

So....you figured out how to post on the blog again...way to go girl!

Allison Stroud said...

Praying for you. Thank you for always being so honest on here. It is refreshing and encouraging.
Love, Allison