Sunday, August 19, 2012

before & after


First of all,
let me say that this is not
Lucy & Harry & Gus's fault.

David & Erika
 have taught them well
to clean up their toys after play.

Yesterday,
 when it came time for them to go home,
 I forgot to remind them
 to tidy up the room.

Just about everything in the closet was out.
It is still like that at this very minute.

I love that they have so much fun back there.
The top bunk has become Lucy's reading hideaway.
I found her up there with several books,
wearing her backpack,
engrossed in a story,
while Harry,
her loyal subject,
was busily at play on the floor.

It won't be this way forever,
I know that,
but being able to be these kid's grammy
is one of the best things
I've ever done.

Love these words...
"Grammy, can we go on a bike ride?"

Thank you,
Thank you Lord for these blessings.

No comments: