Sunday, August 26, 2012

tybee lighthouse at dusk

 
Just returned from an awesome bike ride.
I am panting just a little
but that is a good thing....
got my heart rate up.
 
The weather in Savannah, Georgia,
has been uncharacteristically
fabulous for August,
 which is normally so hot and humid
that you want to stay inside.
 
A weekend like this in August is a blessing for sure.
 
Which leads me to this.
I am starting to detect a little less daylight every day.
sad for those of us who love the summer
with it's long days of sunlight.
 
God made the seasons, though,
and each one is to be cherished and enjoyed.
I am looking forward to fall...
crisp days and cool nights,
Those brilliant blue skies and orange leaves,
pumpkins,
the smell of fires burning
and, as all the kids look forward to all year long above anything else...
the pumpkin patch.
 
Can you imagine
how dull it would be
 if the seasons never changed?
 
God created everything for our pleasure and enjoyment.
To Him all praise is due.
 
"Choose you this day who you will serve,
as for me and my house,
we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:14
 
David finished preaching through the book of Joshua today.
Thank you.
I learned so much and have been richly blessed.
mom
 

No comments: