Saturday, August 25, 2012

i love what old pictures do

 
Every now and then
I find a photo that brings back so many
memories.
 
Back in the mid eighties,
my mom and dad took all of us on a
Caribbean cruise.
My mom's mom had passed away and left a little inheitance.
It went to treat us to a wonderful week at sea.
 
We had a tiny little room in the belly of the boat
and we thought we had arrived in
paradise.
 
Two bunk beds (four beds),
a table in between,
a sliver of a closet,
and a bathroom the size of a dime
was our home away from home for seven wonderful days.
The bathroom was all in one...
toilet, shower, and sink served all our purposes.
No room to turn around.
 
I took a closet full of clothes
and was encumbered with them all week.
Amanda smuggled in her life sized Raggety Ann.
We took books and beach towels...
a full array of shoes and hair fixing tools.
It was crazy how much stuff we took.
 
But oh we had a ball...
so much laughing and eating and touring and laying in the sun.
On our first stop in Porta Playta, DR,
someone tried to buy my dad's new tennis shoes right off his feet.
 
Puerto Rico was my favorite and we have been back once.
(We flew down for a week)
 
We dressed up for dinner
 and the Captain
sat at our table the first dress-up night.
 
It was wonderful...
so much good family time.
So many great memories.
I love what old pictures do!
 
 

No comments: