Wednesday, August 29, 2012

something I've never done....

 
Robbie & Elizabeth
 are getting married this Saturday.
 
Outdoor wedding,
very simple.
Family and close friends,
hopefully no rain.
Looking forward to a fun time.
 
Elizabeth has very sweetly asked me to be the
wedding coordinator.
I am honored and just a little nervous.
This is the person who keeps everything going smoothly.
Am I up to it?
I said yes.
Pray for me on Saturday at 6:00
that I will keep my cool and get the flow going.
 
Bubba and I were talking last night about this....
God gives him and I so many opportunities to help other people.
What a blessing!
What a great gift at our age to be useful and needed,
to be healthy and strong,
clearheaded
and able
to
have so many opportunities to serve.
 
David spoke a few Sundays ago about
dying well.
I will be looking forward to seeing Jesus
from this day until the day I die.
I want to be reading His word and praying until then.
But, more than that,
I want to grow old well.
Busy, content, joyful....
Doing things for others as I pray our way to
the Celestial City
as Jake & Eli call it.
(They are reading Pilgrims Progress)
 
Thank you Elizabeth, again,
I'm honored!

No comments: