Wednesday, August 8, 2012

thirsty?


"As the deer pants for the water
so my soul pants for Thee,
O God. 
 My soul thirsts for God,
for the living God."
Psalm 42: 1 & 2

The more time I spend in God's word,
the more I desire it. 
Being in God's word makes me thirsty for more.

When Jake and Eli are here
I am not always able to beat them up.
The day starts with a bang and we go full steam until night.
When they go to bed, I fall into bed as well.
I would not trade this time with them for anything in the world.

I say all that to say this....
It is always so good to get back into His word.
My day just goes better...
I am able to focus on Him when I remember what I read to start the day.

I go dry without His word.
I get thirsty.
I am driven back to it as
a "deer that pants after water."
What a beautiful picture.

Seek Him in the Bible every day,
many times a day.
It gives life to the soul of man.

Thirsty?
Drink deeply from the living word of God.

No comments: