Wednesday, August 22, 2012

quaky duck

 
Today was the day
for crowns & extractions...
dental work...
9:00 am.
 
Left in plenty of time....
I'm the colonel's wife you know.
42 years in the military 
 taught me well.
 
Interstate 16...
parking lot into town.
Took another route....
equally as bad.
Bubba is driving me in today.....
thankfully,
or maybe not.
 
Arrive at the dentist's office late,
frazzled,
stressed from the harrowing ride,
unprepared for what lay ahead....
two hours under the drill.
 
There are floor to ceiling windows in the torture chamber.
As the doctor lays me out to administer the shots in my mouth,
I look up and out of the windows.
There are white fluffy clouds
rolling across the sky like a moving picture.
 
I lay there for most of the time
gazing at the show....
being entertained by the
Master's creativity in the sky.
I saw Lassie, and Nemo, and a bride
among other things.
 
 Home now resting.
A little pain, but not that bad.
Just thankful it is over
and that I got to see
amazing things made out of cottony clouds
in the blue sky.
 
 
 

No comments: