Monday, August 13, 2012

crowns


Laying my head on my pillow last Thursday night,
I felt the first tinges of pain.
Surely not, I thought.
I have a party to throw, over twenty people to feed....
absolutely no time for teeth problems.

By Saturday morning.
the day of the party,
the crown on the top right side of my mouth
was hanging precariously by a thread.

I prayed that the Lord would get me through until Monday morning.
He did.

Today...
Dentist... looking into my mouth,
"yes my dear, you have a problem."
Okay,
does he think I'm nuts?
I wouldn't have given up my wonderful
Monday morning
and driven all the way into Savannah
to his office
if I didn't have a problem.

"You need a new crown."
and
"I have enough time we can do it right now."

Xrays confirm my need and then
out come the guns
I mean shots of novacane.

With my head almost on the floor,
the doctor looks again at the xrays, sets me up,
and says this.....

"My treatment plan has changed,
Instead of one crown,
you need a bridge
which consists of three crowns."

Stunned,
I look at him with my deadened face and said...
"How much?"

Amanda said it best when I told her...
"Are we still going to be able to go to Hilton Head?"

Next Monday morning at 8:30
I will be back in the chair.
I have a week to find a way to pay for it.

No comments: