Wednesday, March 13, 2013

you've got plenty of time to do this.....

One of the best things I have ever done for myself
 is start reading my Bible every day.
I began by asking God to allow me to know Him better.....
to give me wisdom and understanding.
He led me to start reading the Psalms every day.
I'll tell you this...
there is no better way to get to know God,
than by reading the Psalms.

There are 150 Psalms.
Many were written by King David.
They are a treasure trove of truth about our Maker.

I write each Psalm in a looseleaf notebook.
Then I get out a second notebook
and write all of the things that I learned about God.
After that I pray these things back to Him
and thank Him for revealing truth to me.

When I get to Psalm # 150,
I start all over again with # 1.

I have been doing this for years.
I have notebooks filled up with my written Psalms.
I always see something new,
I never get tired,
and I am constantly amazed at God....
knowable,
 but yet so far above us.

I read the rest of my Bible too,
every day....
I am reading it through again.
I read some in the Old Testament and some in the New.

There is no boasting here.
It is my joy and I encourage all of you believers out there
to do the same.
You can't spend too much time reading your Bible!!!!

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you"
James 4:8

No comments: