Sunday, May 5, 2013

opera house in italy


Amazingly,
I continue to find things that are so interesting
in the boxes and 
endless stacks of papers
that my Dad left at home when he departed this earth.

This is the opera house in 
Florence, Italy,
where he saw his first and probably only opera.
It was Madame Butterfly.

Above you see a post card of the opera house,
the program,
and the green entry ticket.
This was a special performance for the 5th Army.
Seems to me they entertained their boys well back then.

I am very excited that I scanned this.
I have a new printer 
and I have actually figured out how to use the scanner.
From now on I can scan my old photos rather than take pictures of them.

Sun came out!
Maybe the cold and rain is over.
Looking for some warmth.
I've had quite enough of this longest ever winter.

Praising God for David's sermon this morning.
"Here I raise my Ebenezer,
Here by Thy great help I've come."



No comments: