Saturday, May 4, 2013

overwhelmed


It was a planned event.
Bubba had a pig-pickin' last evening...
perfect time for me to watch
Les Miserables 
on his big screen TV.
An evening alone sounded not so bad at all.

Settling in,
I got my soft warm heide-han (blanket),
turned out the lights,
 and began my journey.

I wasn't prepared for the emotion.
Let me say this...
I am not a crier.
I am very seldom overwhelmed,
I don't know why,
and sometimes I am ashamed of myself,
but I just don't cry easily.

Last night,
right here alone (thankfully),
I cried.
I cried for the loss of my Daddy
and probably lots of other things as well.

I must see this story in the theatre
before I die.
I must experience
 this beautiful story of redemption in person.

I will read the book...
I am listening to the beautiful music.
(David & Erika had given me the CD for my birthday.)
I will think on this for a long, long time.

"On my own
pretending he's beside me
all alone
I walk with him til morning
without him
I feel his arm around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
and he has found me...."
"On my Own."

So many things in this life are truly beautiful.





1 comment:

Allison Stroud said...

This was my first Broadway musical and what inspired me to go into theatre. I am so thankful for this musical and the movie was AMAZING!!!