Tuesday, August 6, 2013

getting there


Home again.
What a long short trip we had.
This is how it went down....

The boys and I left here early Sunday morning in
Estelle's van.
The "check engine now" light had come on
and Bubba was afraid to let me drive
so far with the possibility of a
roadside dilemma.

A special thanks to Estelle for offering up her luxury wheels.

All went well aside from these few things...
Eli asked me to explain to him
 how electricity is made and conducted,
I turned my lunch plate of barbecue over into my lap,
and, I kid you not....
they must have asked a thousand times,
"Grammy, are we there yet?"
One time I pulled up into a rest area 
and told them that was their new home
 just to get a short reprieve.
Eli and I shared some strawberry twizzlers,
which did help pass the time.

We finally arrived
 and were greeted with a fabulous thunderstorm 
and the resident, live-in
 komoto dragon lizard 
whom Eli made fast friends.
As for me,
I held my breath and ran inside.
There were boxes and furniture everywhere
in no particular order.

We got busy immediately unpacking and setting up a new home.
I love this work...
could do it forever.
The above picture is the result....
Homey and beautiful.
I took that picture this morning right before we left.

Two things about staying young at heart....
always think more highly of other's needs than you do of your own,
and have a herd of grandchildren
to run after 24/7.

Blessed beyond belief...
cathy

No comments: